We’re Hiring! Marketing and Communications Coordinator – 12 Months
Full time, paid, one year internship (37.5 hours/week)
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Marketing & Communications Coordinator is responsible for building community support for Northern Lights Festival Boréal (NLFB) through: the execution of marketing and communications strategies; the coordination of social media and web communications; the facilitation of inter-organizational communication and partnerships; the development of sponsorship and in-kind donations from private & public agencies; advertising sales for the Festival Program Guide or Mobile App; the recruitment & facilitation of festival vendors and artisans; the negotiation and preparation of contractual documents for vendors and equipment rentals; communication with various media outlets through releases, interviews etc.; the processing of ticket sales, vendor fees, membership sales etc.; the coordination of setup & logistics for festival, special events, and equipment rentals; as well as day to day office tasks as necessary. To be eligible for the NOHFC internship, candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada, must not have worked in the field of study before and are only eligible to participate in a NOHFC internship program one time.
- Candidate must be a new entrant into the workforce, are transitioning to a new career, or the unemployed or underemployed who are entering a new field.
- Post secondary degree/diploma in Communications, Marketing, Advertising, Graphic Design, Public Relations, Event Planning, Arts Administration, Sales etc. or another relevant field (somewhat flexible);
- Work and/or volunteer experience in at least one of these fields or another related field;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience communicating with clients and the general public via telephone, email etc.;
- Experience drafting a variety of documents including: letters, media releases, reports, grant applications etc. ;
- Experience with general word processing software, spreadsheet software, presentation software, email platforms;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work tasks;
- Concrete problem solving, conflict management and decision making skills;
- Ability to work flexible hours during festival season and NLFB special events; Should be prepared to work remotely and/or in person depending on the changing Covid-19 pandemic regulations
If you wish to apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by December 20, 2023